Monday, April 26, 2010

CABARET!

At long last, the videos of my performances on Feb. 28, 2010 at Salon Cristal in Martos, Spain! The show was called "Cabaret" after the title performance, and was also staged loosely like a cabaret with various characters entering, exiting, interacting, and...drinking. Just FYI, the bottles of Vodka you see on the tables in the back were real. I did not know this. I thought they were props and were actually just filled with water, but no. I learned this when Jose poured me a shot after our tango, which of course I took like a champ, and well, let's just say I really, really enjoyed the show.

Here are some of my favorite shots from the DVD cover photo shoot. I got to play photographer. It was really fun!



Argentine Tango

This one is my favorite. I did some American Tango back at Dance Chelsea in NY, but this was my first time with Argentine Tango. I ADORE ARGENTINE TANGO!! My performance was definitely not perfect, but for six weeks it's not terrible. Jose was an excellent teacher and partner, encouraging me to try all the things that I thought were out of my range, but as it turned out, they weren't. Not completely anyway. I'm really excited to keep working on this.



Salsa

I am second one from the left. This one was so much fun. The girls were great, and it was a pretty advanced routine. Having never formally learned salsa before (Well, once at a club, but does that really count?) I relished the challenge! I messed up during the performance, but I still had a great time!



Contemporary Dance


The following dance was the finale, where everyone got to do a little piece. I was in the contemporary dance piece, which is the third group. I am the one on the far left.




Oh, and don't ask about the couch thing. I still have no idea what that was all about!

Here are a few pictures of everyone hanging out during tech week. It felt SO GOOD to be a part of a show again. I can't wait to get back to NYC and start auditioning and performing again!


Marta autographed her burger:


The boys came out to see the show!


Danial's favorite picture of me:

My favorite picture of me:


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment