Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Goodbye 2009. Hello 2010!

We rang in this New Year in Portsmouth, UK with Danial's uncle and aunt (Paul and Chris) and Dietrich. We had made plans to really party it up with Danial's cousin, Laura, but the wallet wasn't having any of it. Did you know taxis in the UK charge double the rate on NYE? Craziness. We ended up staying in and playing Balderdash. It was AWESOME!

[Sorry, Laura! We'll have to come back and go clubbing with you another time. After all, I need to show off my new shoes from River Island!!]

Paul and Chris really went all out entertaining us- not just on NYE, but for the whole week and a half we've been here. I'll be writing a separate entry detailing our adventures. Stay tuned!

This New Year's, I feel hopeful- I think it's going to be a good one. For one thing, I'm getting married to the most amazing guy in the world (I love you, Danial!). Also, as long as I can defend my thesis successfully, I should be graduating with a masters degree. It's like a two in one special year! Well, only if I get through this thesis defense. I'm getting a little nervous. Did you notice?

New Year's Resolutions:
1. Floss more.
2. Sleep more.
3. Dance more.
4. Do more community service.
5. Drink more water.

Bigger Goals:
1. To land at least one really great internship in children's television in the Fall.
2. To be cast in my first paid role on stage or film.
3. To graduate.

On a more serious note, 2009 was a very rough year for a lot of people in our lives. I sincerely hope that 2010 brings more joy than sorrow for everyone.


XOXO,
Poonam

PS
Danial's almost done with his MBA apps now. Once he finishes, I'm taking the computer hostage so I can write my posts on Sevilla, the Olive Festival, Portsmouth, and Barcelona. Everyone wish Danial luck though! He's been working very, very hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment